May 17, 2010

Home, sweet H.O.M.E.S.

So I'm back in the great white north!

It was a loooong 18 hour drive from Gainesville to Grosse Pointe, but I made it just in time for Mother's Day dinner on Sunday. 

The drive was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.  I expected to be painfully bored after about 3 hours, but I had some audio-books, my iPod, and the satellite radio, so I was all set.

However, to keep myself entertained, I threw a little party at every state border.  This "party" involved dipping into the box of Cheez-Its that I was keeping (buckled up) in the passenger seat, and blasting a song that I felt suited each new stretch of I-75.

Thus, I present to you, my roadtrip playlist:

1.) Leaving Gainesville
(Obvious.)

2.) Georgia
(Obvious.)

3.) Tennessee... and Tennessee
(I actually kind of like the Toots version better.  And I know that neither versions mentions "Tennessee" exactly... but they talk about the mountains.  Tennessee has lot of mountains.)

4.) Kentucky
(Why?  Because of the line around 22 seconds.)

5.) Ohio
(Ok, so I wasn't anywhere near Cleveland... but Cincinnati is close enough, right?)

6.) Michigan... Michigan... Michigan... Michigan
(I couldn't pick just one Michigan song.  I'm not a big country music fan, but I love that Hello Dave song.  Mostly just because I love Michigan.)

1 comment: